So, I finished my spirograph — these pictures are of the item in its unblocked state, as I was in a rush to get outside and stick it on my heid.

Like Anna’s original version of the design, my spirograph adds extra repeats to be more like a a lidless hat than a headband. It is cosy around cold ears, and fulfills its mane-containing function admirably. I used 3.5 mm needles throughout (which has made a nice springy fabric with the Kid Classic). I worked 17 repeats of the pattern in total (including the decrease rounds) and finished the top edge with Jeny’s surprisingly stretchy bind off. I really enjoyed knitting Anna’s pattern, and am very pleased with the end result.

The project is ravelled here.

While we were out and about snapping these pictures, my pal John came by and struck a pose.

I don’t think he quite believed us when we said we would put the photograph online . . .
Yoo-hoo, John! You’re on the internet!